I met a young lady…(A personal testimony)

22 Jan

…last week.

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares (Heb. 13:2).

I’m not saying that this young lady was an angel exactly, but what I am saying is that it is important for us to treat people in Godly ways, because we never know who God has sent into our lives for His purpose. Our meeting was not a physical one, as a matter of fact our communication has strictly been electronic; she found this blog, she contacted me and we began to exchange exhortations of the Lord. This young lady exhibited a maturity about Christ and His kingdom that is well beyond her years and I was impressed with her grasp of both scripture and faith. It’s funny because I have “met” a lot of people through this site, but none that tugged at my heart the way that this young lady did. As busy as my life is, I found myself waiting in anticipation for her next email and enjoying the back and forth. It certainly seems a lot longer than six days that I have known her.

Some people would dismiss someone young because they feel that perhaps they aren’t “experienced” or “knowledgeable” enough to entertain, but I have always had that mindset that God can use any one for any reason that He purposes. I’m reminded of when my eldest daughter was born. The nurse had placed her in my room in that clear bassinet thing, and whenever I wasn’t asleep neither was she. Her little beady eyes would follow me wherever I went in the room, and she made me nervous. Yes, a newborn freaked me out! I even told my mother, “that baby’s eyes keep following me wherever I go” LOL. To this day my daughter is an observer; she doesn’t say much, but she watches everything! That is how I feel about my new friend; her conversation reads like she has already lived a lifetime. In the time that I have met her God has awakened me at odd hours to pray with and for her, and even this morning at 12:35am He had me turn my lights on to make notes to put into this blog just for her:

2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalms 1:1-3 – Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The funny thing about this spiritual meeting between myself and this young lady is that she would continually tell me how much of a blessing that I have been to her, but she had no way of knowing that God’s plan was quite the opposite; He used her to encourage me! I thank God that in His infinite wisdom he knew what I needed and when I needed it. We used to sing this song at my old church called, “Jesus stepped in on time”, and that is how I feel about the past week. No one can discern through the written word how the writer may be feeling at certain points, but God looks upon our hearts and when we are doing His will, He will fix whatever is broken.

In these last days we will be seeing unity coming from odd places; God is using his messengers online to spread His word just as much as He is offline. We cannot discount a relationship because we cannot physically see or touch someone; the Spirit will bear witness of Himself. To this young lady, if you read this I want to say THANK YOU, God bless you, and continue to do God’s will for your life.

Note: To Latter Days Ministry, I pray a special blessing for you because without your ministry this spiritual connection may never have happened. Thank you for being a conduit for God and for creating an avenue for more believers to find each other, and for unbelievers to learn the truth of God.

Iampastorswife

Posted by on January 22, 2012 in Personal Testimony, Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , ,

8 responses to “I met a young lady…(A personal testimony)

1. The Latter Days

January 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM

That is amazing! Oh that we could be available to Him more so that He can do as He pleases through us. I know personally how much younger Christians can light the fire in us old folks where sometimes the monotony of life, many responsibilities, and experience of years can make us jaded or dull for the things of God. being around, praying with, and ministering to the young has done wonders for helping us keep our first love front & center.

Praise God…and please Lord, send us more of your “angels”. πŸ™‚

January 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Hello TLD!

Hey, speak for yourself, I’m not old LOL!! Ok, I am a little “older” than half of the population I will concede! πŸ˜‰ I absolutely agree with you that I want to be more available to God; I told my husband that today. If I could just spend my life spreading His word only, it would give me the ultimate pleasure. I wish that you could meet my 15 y/o daughter; she is continually challenging our faith and walk. She will call us out, pull us back and allow herself to be used by God without a moment’s hesitation and I always listen to her! Thank you so much for your comments and for your “presence” in my life as well. God is worthy…

IAPW

2. Catrice

January 23, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17
    What a wonderful letter of encouragement. This has been a blessing to me. Thank you for encouraging your friend. I pray this will embolden others in the faith to reach out and have fellowship where they have none – with wisdom. πŸ™‚ The Lord’s will be done.

January 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Sis Catrice,

Great verse, thank you! I am personally thankful for my new friend’s encouragement; she has truly been a blessing, as have you all! I thank God for bringing each and every one of you to this blog to encourage me. God bless you!

IAPW

3. Danna Fonseca

January 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Danna

After reading an article yesterday on the latterdays blog, I ran across your site and read the above article. I was so blessed by it that I called this new friend we now have in common. I love to see how the Lord make connections and knits together. We serve an Awsome God!!

About the little beady eyes you spoke about in the article. That made me chuckle. I watch and listen, but I don’t say much. I have read many articles online. But I never comment. I did not know it was a Blog I was reading until a few days ago when a young person informed me.LOL. Well today is a first.

Continued Blessings in your ministry

January 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Hi Danna!

I am thankful that reading my writing prompted you to reach out to your friend, that is definitely the Lord at work! I’m wondering, are you my daughter? LOL I’m kidding, but I’ve not seen eyes like hers since. Even now she’s 20 years old and those little eyes just follow every thing; she is very observant, and that’s a great trait to have. I am truly blessed to have you visit the site and to comment, and I pray that God blesses you and keeps you in His perfect will. πŸ™‚

PW

4. ladyofchange

January 30, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I have been a reader of the Latter days quite sometime. Her words and insight on the Word of God have given me clarity and revelation on so many topics. I am glad I was able to come across your blog through her recommendation. Alright looks like we have two powerhouses connected now, may your friendship grow in the grace and abundance of Christ and may many souls be touched and changed through the Power of the Holy Spirit through your connection, Amen. Peace and blessings!

January 30, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Good Morning Lady of Change!

I could not agree more with you about TLDM, I am always awed by the way that God uses her to bring forth His message. May I state that although flattered by your comment, I cannot agree that I am a powerhouse, but rather an electrical outlet that seeks to be plugged into God daily. If, through me, His word is able to correct, convince, chasten or convict then to Him be all the glory. I do understand what you mean, and I am awfully grateful to be associated with LDM, and I believe that God does ALL things for His good and purpose. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, welcome to the blog and love ya Sis!