Be careful who you idolize!

17 Oct

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.” (Exodus 20:2-6 ESV)

Not this one:

Nor this one:

Many will not agree with this post, and that’s fine; I am only the messenger. 🙂 For clarity, I am a Mac user, however I noticed an overwhelming amount of “Christians” mourning the death of Steve Jobs as if he were Jesus himself, and that did not sit well with my spirit. The MLK statue…*whew* no words (right now). Have a blessed week!

Iampastorswife

Posted by on October 17, 2011 in Spiritual Walk, Uncategorized

Tags: , , , , , ,

6 responses to “Be careful who you idolize!

1. Pastor DK

October 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Amen
    You can open a can of whoop butt on this one. People are mourning the death of the god of technology and dont know what he believed

October 17, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Tell it like it is. It is what it is!

3. Catrice

January 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM

“Stone of Hope” is blasphemous against the true and living Son – the only begotten of the Father. The naming of the statue is a twisted misinterpretation of Daniel 2:45 from Dr. King’s “I Have a Dream Speech.” Washington Post dated Aug 26, 2011:”… based on an image from the second book of Daniel, in which the prophet interprets one of King Nebuchadnezzar’s dreams. Nebuchadnezzar envisioned not a mountain, but a massive idol, or image, with a head of gold, arms of silver and thighs of brass. “As you looked, a stone was cut out by no human hand, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and clay, and broke them in pieces,” says Daniel, prophesying the downfall of the old order.”
    “The stone was cut out of the mountain without hands” is a prophecy of Christ Jesus’ kingdom and the total destruction of Babylon.

January 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Sis. Catrice,

Yes it is blasphemous! I don’t want to delve into it too much but MLK Jr. was not a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, he was a Universalist and I have no doubt that if he were alive today that he would be aligned with the likes of other motivational speakers disguised as Pastors/Preachers. Thank you for the insightful comment! God bless.

Iampastorswife

4. Catrice

January 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Amen. I’m aware. I’m not ungrateful for the sacrifices those before us have made, but as concerning the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ – we must stand firm. May the Lord God bless you, your family and ministry, in Christ Jesus. Amen.

5. Delilah