Train up a child….(Can we discuss?)

04 Sep

in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6). Please take time to view the following ABC video expose (from 2009) and let’s discuss.

Posted by on September 4, 2011 in Spiritual Abuse, Uncategorized, Videos

Tags: , , , , ,

12 responses to “Train up a child….(Can we discuss?)

1. Pastor DK

September 5, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I could not believe what I just saw. These people that are doing this to those children are flat out WRONG!!. I did not hear nor see the spirit of God in any of that. The father stating that he wants the boy to gross more that Joel Osteen was the prove of it all. This child was taught how to perform. Just like many fathers that force their sons to watch football to become better athletes, I can see them studying tapes of other “Pray for Pay” preachers to learn the language, the moves, the tongues of the false prophets. What’s more is the so called saints of God and their emotionalism during the services that were shown. Then the grandmother standing in the pulpit like the overseer. These criminals should have the children removed from their so called care. I pray that when the young man reaches 18 years old he would find God for himself and not end up blaming God for allowing this to happen to him. If he doesn’t I can see him running from the church and into a live of crime and swindling just like his overseers.
    Let’s discuss

2. Jerry

September 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM

It is so painfully obvious this boys grandmother and father know a ‘golden goose’ when
    they see one, they’re not going to stop until they get every cent out of their preaching ATM!
    As you can see, the congregations are not very educated, sophisticated and bibically ignorant
    I’m gonna keep it real, they’re running the ‘christian chitlin’ circuit” with perm wearing
    ‘low rent preachas’ until they hit the big time and get a slot on TBN or some other national platform, they’re grooming him to be another pulpit pimp! As if we need another one!
    Churchianity is a big money making machine for scam artists and hustlers expoliting
    gullible and weak minded sheeple, grandma and pop are making a decent living off this
    boys labors; they’re corrupting this boys values, I hope its not too late-
    He’s called by Grandma not God!

September 5, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Somebody please bring me my belt so that I can whoop his grandmother and father’s behind! I couldn’t believe it when the father said Jesus is the product. What in the world is wrong with this world!!! What does it profit a man to gain the world, yet loose his soul? This poor little boy is the puppet and they are the puppet masters. May God stop them in their tracks with this foolishness!

• Jerry

September 5, 2011 at 10:40 PM

@ Evette Wagner
      Agree with your comments 100% TD Jakes said the exact same thing “Jesus is the product
      that sells itself” what a demeaning thing to say about our Lord! goes to show that Jesus
      is only a commodity to him and others of the same ilk

P.S. In the meantime “Whup that trick!, Whup that trick!” LOL

4. Pastor DK

September 5, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I did miss the comment about Jesus being the product. Now Jesus is “DOPE” and they got little chillin’ slinging Jesus. @ Jerry I paid close attention to the congregation or should I say audience. They did appear to be the very ones who could fall for this garbage. It is always the poor robbing the poor. Well it shouldn’t be long now before he does hit TNT oops I mean TBS sorry again I mean TBN, its hard to keep up with the name since it has more crooks appearing than America’s Most Wanted.
    They got that fresh anointing and the world will eat it up. Why do we continue to fall for the okie doke? Because we are too afraid of hearing God for ourselves and being accountable to ourselves? Maybe I need to go to a local hospital and find the next prophet being born to get that fresh or rhema word from Gawd.

• Jerry

September 5, 2011 at 10:44 PM

@Pastor DK
      Loved what you said, “Americas most wanted” how true –
      cracked me up!!

5. iampastorswife

September 5, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Wow @ the responses and I could not agree more with you all! I used that scripture from Proverbs just to show how absurd this nonsense really is; if these people had any true concept of God then they would treasure His children much more than they do. Ephesians 6:4 says, “And ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord”. Where is the care and fear of the Lord that this boy’s father is instilling in him? Why are these adults perpetuating a fraud with this boy? I am fully aware that God can use anyone, and this child does have a gift, but it needs to be nurtured and cultivated with sound doctrine and teaching, not emotionalism and fake tongues. @ Jerry, I love the analogy of the “christian chitlin circuit”, because it is so true! People are going for a show and getting what they pay for! @ Pastor DK you are so right, the father is a straight pimp and unfortunately his little boy is the trick of the moment. He and the grandmother ought to be ashamed or put BACK in jail for the crime they are committing against this child. Sis. E., once you finish whooping them, let me hold that belt because I want a turn too! We should all pray for this child’s deliverance from these charlatans before he is all used up!

• Jerry

September 5, 2011 at 10:51 PM

@ iampastorswife:
      Thank you for posting this article, and your comments, you are truly a wise and discerning
      woman of God and a blessing to your husband, stay on top of your game, Sista!

September 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Jerry thank you and God bless you for your comments! I enjoy reading them, I can see that you have experienced some “things”, and you have a lot of spiritual wisdom to share. Your comedy shines too, I can’t help but laugh reading some of it…i.e. “Pastor MadeOff” and his “Worst Lady” LOL! Keep on telling it like it is!

6. thankful4grace

September 5, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Wow, this was really painful to watch. The father’s comments were just appalling. He sees his son becoming an “icon in the Christian INDUSTRY”? Jesus is a “product”? What?!! It is obvious that these people care nothing about reaching the lost, but rather see ministry as yet another get rich quick scheme, and they are exploiting this poor child to get their piece of the action. It’s bad enough that we have grown folks playing church and fleecing the sheep every chance they get, but to train a child to mimic these wolves for profit is just sickening. I pray that this boy comes to a true knowledge of Christ and breaks free from this sideshow act before it is too late. Have mercy Lord.

September 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Hello there Thankful4Grace (I know that’s right!!),

I forgot about the part where this man wanted his son to become an “Icon”, let’s take a look at this word:

Dictionary.com

1. a picture, image, or other representation.
      2. Eastern Church . a representation of some sacred personage, as Christ or a saint or angel, painted usually on a wood surface and venerated itself as sacred.
      3. a sign or representation that stands for its object by virtue of a resemblance or analogy to it.

Merriam-Webster.com :

1. a usually pictorial representation : image
      2. a conventional religious image typically painted on a small wooden panel and used in the devotions of Eastern Christians
      3. an object of uncritical devotion : idol

In his quest for the unmighty dollar this father does not see how blasphemous his words are, nor does he see the damnation that he is pronouncing on the boy. Our Father told us that we would have no other gods before Him because He is a jealous God. God is the only one worthy of uncritical devotion! You are also correct that in encouraging this child to mimic so called “great” preachers he is also teaching him to exalt himself. I can see this poor child going the way of young Brian Carn; one with a discernible gift, but ravening wolves using him for their own financial gain. Lord have mercy indeed! Thanks for your comments!