Speaking of Music – Gospel Jazz Group ADB!

12 Aug

As a short introduction this anointed gospel jazz group, the Anointed Davison Boyz is a Christ-centered group of young musicians comprised of my “Brother” in Christ, Pastor Brandon Davison, the founder of “Touch Ya Neighbor” blog (see my links). In my last blog I mentioned that there was a remnant of the House of David who were still making music for the Lord – well folks, let me introduce you to a few of them if ya don’t know….enjoy, and if you don’t, email me and I will attempt to eat my son’s trumpet! 😉 They say everything tastes better with hot sauce LOL. Without further ado, ADB and “Glory”!

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me (John 12:32)

Please share, tell your friends!

Tags: , , , , ,

7 responses to “Speaking of Music – Gospel Jazz Group ADB!

1. Keith

August 12, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Very tight. Solid sound that you can listen to all day

August 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Bro. Keith, yes I agree with you. I can listen to the praise and worship to God all day long! These young men really exemplify their name.

2. brdavision

August 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Wow I’m totally speechless Sister Pastor’s wife lol (that’s rare) Thank you so much for posting this song. Let me give a little background to it\testimony if you don’t mind:

At one time I was one of the best young trombonist in San Antonio/Houston/Corpus Christie area. I was (as only a student) on the sub list for the San Antonio Symphony and whenever there were gigs around town I was always in them. I had been blessed to purchase a professional trombone at a fraction of the cost and I thought I was just the best thing since sliced bread. But one thing was missing….God.

I had made my trombone my god and I served and worshiped him every single day. I would even talk to him, that’s how far I was into my idolatry. But one day (because I belonged to God and He would have no other god’s before Him) God touched my lips and slowly began to take the ability to play my trombone away from me. I struggled trying to find out why I was losing my gift but I never found out what was going on. I went and worked with countless teachers and none of them could tell me what was happening. My life was going crazy and I was trying to hold onto it. Till eventually one day I picked up my trombone and I literally couldn’t even play one note….

I pleaded and struggled with God to give me my talent back. I made false promises to serve Him and only Him but in reality I was lying. I wanted my god back, and as soon as I had him I would abandon the one true God again. A little while later my car was rear ended and my horn, which happen to be in the trunk, was destroyed. Everything I thought that was important to me was gone….

Well after five years of not playing and living a totally sinful life apart from God, He decided to save me. In three years I went from a non-responsible immoral single guy who couldn’t care less about God or His Son Jesus Christ, to a young man (A believer) of 23 years with a wife, a daughter on the way and a calling into the ministry on my life. He also gave me something else as well: my ability to play the trombone. I made a promise to never give up no matter what and always trust in Him, but little did I know at the time and even now, that it was God always keeping me.

Well after 4 years of practicing I got to a point on the trombone where I could now play again in front of people. And when we formed the Anointed Davison Boyz this was the first song I wrote. “GLORY!!!!!!!!” Giving God all the glory and honor for saving me, and then for the ability to play my horn at all.

I truly owe all the glory to Him and Him alone….

Soli Deo Gloria: “Glory to God Alone”

Thanks Sister Pastor Wife….

brdavision
    A servant of Jesus Christ

August 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Pastor Davison,

WOW that truly is a testimony! I had no idea when I chose this song (and I listened to them all first) of the meaning behind it, but I thank God from delivering you from the worship of idols. My husband and daughter both read your testimony and their first word was the same as mine – “Wow”; my husband in particular could relate to you, but his idol was his job. Long story! I am thankful that God rescued you from yourself, and delivered, healed you and set you free for HIS glory alone! All of the rest of us reap the benefits. 😉 Thank you for sharing and God. Bless. You. And your family!

3. Glenn Smith

August 15, 2011 at 7:06 PM

They sound really good, and I love Jazz! How do I get a cd?

August 15, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Hey G., when I find out I will definitely let you know! God gets the glory alone, I love this sound.

4. Glenn Smith