When I think of the goodness of Jesus, and all He’s done for me, my soul cries out, “HALLELUJAH”, I thank God for saving me! Being a Pastor’s wife is not always easy, but before my husband was chosen, being a saved woman of God was not easy either, and before being a saved woman of God just being a woman was not easy. I sat thinking and making a mental list of so many reasons that I have to thank God and I wanted to share them with you, because you may be able to relate and should “HALLELUJAH” with me.
(Warning: Some of this is pretty raw, so if you think that all Pastor’s Wives walk on water or are holier than thou, please log off NOW!!!)
Ephesians 2:8, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.
- I thank God that with as many men that I have been with (B.C and not THAT many) that I never contracted a venereal disease or worse HIV/AIDS.
- I thank God that when I was in my drunken stupors that I never had alcohol poisoning or fell asleep and choked on my vomit, which happens to many people.
- I give praise to God that the weed that I purchased was never mixed with anything harmful and if it was that God did not let it harm me.
- I thank God that when I sat in the drug houses with my “friends” that the police never showed up on a raid.
- I thank God for my brother who allowed me to flee while he laid the bait, took the beating and sealed his own fate.
- I thank God that I never ended up dead in the stolen property that I had acquired.
- I thank God that when the world said, “no children” God said, “yes you will have four”.
- I thank God for removing the men that meant me no good from my life.
- I give God thanks, praise and glory for bringing a man to me who is after God’s own heart.
- I thank my God for giving me a powerful testimony to take to the streets to help someone else realize His saving power.
- I thank God for the boldness that I have in sharing His Word with the World. I thank Him that I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- I thank the Lord for my former church home for teaching me how NOT to live as a so-called Christian.
- I thank God for a broken spirit and a contrite heart. For without them I would still be living in vanity and delusion.
- I thank God for Pastors who are truly living for God and who are willing to help and not hurt. I thank God for those Pastors who are living examples of the love of Jesus Christ.
- I thank God because He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs, and He sent His only begotten Son just for me!
- I thank God that even when I doubted this move, He continually moved by His spirit in this city and now I am starting to see a tremendous move of God here.
- I thank God that our four children are healthy and hungry to learn more about God and His ways; that is truly a blessing!
- I thank God that satan has no power over me. I thank God that I can rebuke him in Jesus’ name and he has to flee.
- I thank God for the anointing that destroys yokes, and the power of prayer.
- I thank God for my salvation, deliverance and the peace of God which passes all understanding. For without it all my life would be empty and I would be as nothing.
To God Be The Glory, For The Things He Has Done!
A Pastor’s Wife