No, not the one that I am married to; he is a true man of God, teaching and walking in the humility and holiness that God requires of him. I am talking about the pastor that I (and probably YOU, at a different ministry) sat under for years before being delivered. Hopefully this blog will enable someone to see their self and free themselves from the yoke of bondage that the many Apostate churches and pastors have placed upon them. That is my prayer. Lie number 1:
- ” God requires that if [your family, or friends] do(es) not understand where you`re at in God, wipe the dust off your feet and keep on moving”. Hold it right there! Mark 6:11 says And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. This is Jesus giving instructions to the disciples, and he is explaining to them how difficult that it is to minister in your own city (church, community, family, etc.). Yet he sent them by twos anyway, and guess what? They successfully went out and preached repentance, and also cast out devils and healed the sick! But I thought that Passa said, that we should just `fuggedaboutit` and keep it moving? LIE! Which brings us to Lie number 2:
- “Their ministry is not as great as ours because we are closer knit, we`re a family. We do things together, while they let their members do whatever they want. We are serving Christ with an excellent spirit!” Uh oh, in hindsight this sounds very cult-like. Beware of catchphrases, they are initiated to emotionally attach you to the ministry. My former ministry used, “Serving Christ with an excellent spirit” almost like a control device. See, if one wanted to hold back on a sacrificial offering one month, the pastor would point to the banner, which was always prominently displayed somewhere in the sanctuary, and tell us to remember! I recall my husband and I being invited to worship at our other Pastor friend`s church and our Pastor literally exploded in rage and forbid us to go. Galations 5:1, Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. There was very little freedom in that ministry. Jer. 3:15, And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding. Years later I found that what I had was food poisoning from the tainted and twisted “word” that this wolf had fed me. Lie number 3:
- “Give it and he`ll give it back to you, pressed down, shaken together, running over and in good measure; that`s how he`ll give it back to you (the pastor and his wife would actually sing these words)”, “You`re robbing God, not me!”, “You don`t even have enough in the bank to pay that light bill in full; just trust God and give it sacrificially and watch him do it for you!” “You can`t beat God giving, no matter how you try (they made a song out of this one too).” And many variations thereof. Back then the preaching for profit was not as in your face as it is now, so these charlatans were able to get away with it much easier. We all know that you put some words to music and it will evoke an emotional response, so imagine how us sheeple would line up to give when we heard he or his wife singing one of those songs. Tsk, tsk. See, I already know that God is faithful that promised. David said in Psalms, I was young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Jesus Christ going to Calvary`s cross, shedding his blood, dying and being resurrected overcame the Old Testament laws of giving. The oft misquoted scripture in Malachi was intended for the priests at the time, but prosperity preachers use it to paralyze the flock with fear and have them give out of obligation and resentment instead of the love of Christ. This is one of the most detestable lies that have destroyed many Christians. Lie number 4:
- This one was personal. Because I led my husband to Christ and he moved halfway across the country to meet and ultimately marry me, there was a lot of envy and resentment in the church. My pastor, before he counseled us together actually told me that my husband would take me away from the ministry, make me leave the state and that I would ultimately lose everything that I had gained from that point. The devil is a lie! Thankfully I had enough Jesus and anointing at the time to see through that one; Gen. 2:24, Therefore a man will leave his father and his mother, and will cling to his wife: and they will be one flesh. Ephesians 5:25, Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it. Heb. 13:14, Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. The reason why I saw through that one was because my mother was a founding member, along with the pastor of that church, and instead of him encouraging her to disciple my father and bring him into the “fold” he encouraged her to move out of her home and leave him alone. And this was the Pastor!! Lie number 5
- “Every member who has left from this church has suffered some sort of death, whether physical or spiritual. If God brought you here this is where you`re supposed to be!” Another emotionally crippling tactic and a lie from the pit of hell. However he had the majority of the members convinced that they would die if they left. What helped his cause was one or two people who actually did backslide after leaving the ministry, but it was not because they left the ministry, it was because he spiritually raped them and they blamed God. I have talked to a couple of ex-members and know this for a fact. Spiritually abusive and prosperity preachers with smaller congregations will often use this as a control tactic, hence the sheep get restless. But what does the Word say? To the church at Corinth Paul said, Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. If you are reading your bible and what the pastor is telling you does not line up with the word, stop following him! 2 Tim. 2:15 says, Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. That means that YOU need to study, not put complete faith and trust in the mand of gawd, because man is prone to error, God is NOT! If you get that weird tingling in your tummy that something is not quite right with the word that your pastor is preaching, then study…pray…ask of God. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him (James 1:5). Lie number 6:
- “God is not going to tell you something about you, me, this ministry or anyone in it before he tells me. I am the Pastor!” Wow. ZING! Those words struck fear into any member who dared question the authority of the pastor or his wife. You were not allowed to speak a word of prophecy without their approval, even if nudged by the Holy Spirit during times of high anointing. They would place a hand on you to quell the spirit. Isn`t that witchcraft? However, as the head of that church, this pastor refused to acknowledge that God would use someone else to minister there besides him, UNLESS he approved it first. The Word, Old Testament. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions(Joel 2:28). New Testament, But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy (Acts 21:14-18). I have a quick thought, if this lie were even remotely true then why would there be a need for prayer? Scripture says that we have an advocate with the Father, no not Passa, the one Jesus Christ. I know that I can go to God in prayer and when I do, I am expecting an answer from Him. Let My God`s Word be true and every one of these manipulating heretical pastor`s word be a lie!
I am going to stop right here, but I will continue with a Part II at some point, because there are many more lies that have been spewed from the pulpit that has caused division and even spiritual death to people. God said that He would send Pastors after HIS own heart; there are many wolves out there that are not after God`s heart, but your wallet, your possessions, worldly power, and being renowned. These God did not send. We need to stay in prayer to God, fast when you can and always read your bible, use discernment and do not be afraid to find a fellow saint to help you understand! We are out there, but ask God to direct your path. Thank you for reading and may God and our Lord and Savior continue to bless you.