A Word from the “Prophet”…

14 Sep

I am not from the south, we just moved here a year and a few days ago so I do not know many people in the area yet; however one day last November I met a prophet. I had been warned at the time by the lady who styled my hair that a prophet wandered up and down the highway by where her salon was located, but I really had no idea that God had designed an encounter for us. The day that I met “Prophet” he had no idea who I was, but immediately referred to me as “Woman of God”, and then without provocation he began to speak to me about my life, my husband, our children and our mission. I was enthralled and better, my spirit recognized his. I later learned that this gentleman had no “home”; he lived in one of the travelers motels along the highway and his existence was primarily through the kindness of strangers, and any part-time jobs that he could find. He has a very gentle spirit, and is soft-spoken, kind and unassuming. If you could meet this man you would really relate him to biblical prophets.

Deuteronomy 18:19-20:

If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. But if a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 18:21-22:

You may say to yourselves, How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord? If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

Why do we, as Christians, believe every spirit when we have been warned not to do so, but to try the spirit by the spirit to see if it be of God? How are the Harold Campings of the world able to prosper when they claim to be of God but are WRONG again and again. Read Deuteronomy 18:21-22 again! I was following a “Pro-fit-phet” on Twitter earlier this year when I began to notice his daily Tweets stated things like this, “The prophet is coming to town, tell your friends”, “Come out to see the prophet tonight so you can receive your miracle”, “The prophet is in your area, come hear a Rhema word tonight at XYZ Ministries”. It seemed like shameless self-promotion; all he was missing was MC Hammer’s hype man or Lil Jon screaming “YEA!!!” Come on y’all, we know what’s out there lol. These modern day prophets are able to stay relevant because they mix a little truth with error and the sheep are desperately seeking a “Word” from the Lord.

Please take a look at this short video that I put together of some of our modern prophets; I apologize for the grainy quality!

A book? You are a supposedly a prophet of the Almighty God, and you have to write your prophesies into a book? Wait, names, addresses, bank account numbers? This, my friends, is not Our Most Holy God in operation, it is the spirit of divination – be aware! These people have the spirit of Balaam and need to be rebuked, simply put.

Isaiah the prophet foretold the coming of Jesus; the name alone means The Lord is Salvation. Isaiah urged those in Judah and Jerusalem to repent and turn back to God, to rid themselves of corruption and to purify their spirit. His message was not about “increase” or “overflow” or telling people’s personal business to the church. The Word that came from Isaiah did not return to God void.

Jeremiah the prophet is like many of us, he thought that he was too young for the job, but God had already chosen him for His purpose. After the death of Josiah, Judah fell into extreme idolatry and unbelief. Jeremiah’s job was two-fold; he was to warn of God’s judgement and to tell of God’s mercy. Jeremiah clearly wept for the state of the people and their disobedience to God. He did not bring words of being abundantly blessed, but warning and admonition.

Daniel means God is my judge, and we are told that the king demanded that Daniel along with some others be brought to serve in his palace. Daniel was to be taught the language of the Chaldeans, and educated for 3 years then brought to stand before the king. Daniel’s claim to fame came from being able to do what all of the king’s “seers” were not able to; he was able to interpret the dreams of King Nebuchadnezzar through the spirit of God. The King, recognizing that indeed God was with Daniel, set him up in high places in the kingdom, yet Daniel remained humble. Though many theologians and political enemies tried to discredit him, God always proved himself and His word and redeemed Daniel. His prophecies are directly linked to passages in the book of Revelation.

There are many minor prophets in the bible who are just as credible as the big three that I named above: Hosea, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah and Amos, Zechariah and more. Not one of the prophets called by our God gave an incorrect prophecy, because they knew the fear of Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Prov. 9:10). What we have masquerading as prophets today are men and women who are into self-aggrandizement; remember that earlier I made the comment that false prophets will mix some truth with error? John 8:32 tells us, And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

If you need a “prophetic conference” to hear a word from the Lord then maybe you should fall on your face and worship Him. These conferences, meetings, revivals, etc. are nothing more than fundraising events meant to line the pockets of the hosts and the “seers”. I am not picking on this particular ministry because there are countless numbers of prophetic seminars going on as we speak. Fall is the best time for them; people are seeking a “harvest” before the holidays and if they believe that the Profit has the word of prosperity that they need, they will continue to flock to these events. I had a friend who shared with me that a Profit came to her ministry last year and “prophesied” that her best friend wanted a husband (true), and that the spirit of God told him that she would be married within a year. This was in April 2010. This young woman wanted to believe this Profit so badly that she began to prepare for her wedding; well April 2011 came and went and she is still single.Truth mixed with error; do you see the damage that this could do to the body of Christ? Does that young woman believe that the Profit was wrong or does she blame herself, or God? We will never know, but I know that God holds that person accountable for misrepresenting His word!

I can speak for myself only when I say that I would rather a Jeremiah or Isaiah approach me with a Word of admonition or warning than 1,000 Profits come to me with the spirit of error upon them.

Isaiah 6:8
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me! (NIV)

GOD CHOSE ISAIAH

Finally, I find it extremely amusing that most of our modern day “called” feel the need to append their title before their first name, i.e. Prophet Manasseh Jordan, Prophetess Juanita Bynum, etc. Our biblical prophets’ titles followed them not preceded. ;) Brother Herbert is the name of the prophet that I introduced you to at the beginning of this blog post; he has the spirit of Isaiah, very unassuming but delivering God’s Word with assurance and accuracy. I urge you, my brothers and sisters, to believe not every spirit, but to pray for discernment and save your money and peace of mind by listening to God for yourself. If you seek out a wolf, no matter how domesticated the wolf may seem, you will get eaten before it’s all said and done. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). May the rest of your week be blessed!

A.P.W.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

10 responses to “A Word from the “Prophet”…

September 15, 2011 at 6:25 PM

ON point as always. Church folks really need to stop looking for the get out of jail free card, pick uf their Bible actually read it, and apply it. It’s nothing but a pyramid scam. The people on top always get paid! Of course it works for them. I’m so sick and tiered of these profiteers.

• Jerry

September 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Amen Evette, where’s the Holy Ghost Hospital I’m sick of it too…LOL!

2. Jerry

September 15, 2011 at 7:56 PM

First, blessings to you and your family Sis..!
    After reading and watching these posts all I can say is…Pimpinnnnn’Pimpin’Pimpin’!
    This is nothing but ‘in your face manipulation!’ thru fear, greed, mysticism and lies! I know we live in the New covenant era of grace, Thank ya, JESUS! but the prophets of old followed a particular pattern: The indictment of national, civil, religious and sometimes individual sins of people in authority, I heard nothing about the national sins of our country; the reasons why God is pronouncing judgement! No rebuke of known and tolerated sins in the church,
    no warning of the Islamic (modern day babylon) Invasion that seeks to replace churches with mosques!
    only ‘peace! peace! when there is no Peace! sound familiar? “Planes falling from the sky!”
    too vague and sadly not uncommon, besides christians fly too, passengers and pilots.
    The ‘prophetess’ (yeh, right!) “I don’t have all the facts, but get in on this (houses, cars, stuff)
    anyway! not a word about personal sanctification and being ready when the Lord comes, but
    believe what I say “eyes wide shut!” and get your stuff! And the other ‘preacherette’ bragging about her oratory skills, this is what Paul sarcastically said concerning the ‘Super Apostles’ (2 Cor 11:5-6) they dissed Paul calling his appearence and his speaking abilty ‘weak and contemptable’ and his ‘bark worst than his bite’ but Paul reproved them!
    (2 Cor 10:10-11) “pretty words does not an Apostle make!”
    And Mr ‘false doctrine, prophelying, can’t stay married, holdin’ hands in the No tel-Hotel with Ms. White, MESSnassah, Bishop adulterer/fornicating McClendon supportin’ ‘Benny Sinn!’
    The “ProphetiCASH conference” with latter-day Apostle and ‘prophetess wife!’ I gotta say it: people love their 99% honorary titles don’t they?! its so obvious they “wanna stomp wit tha’ big doggs!” I’m just too thru! LOL! another great post, enjoyed it very much and thanks for
    the vid! Your Brotha in Christ

3. Pastor DK

September 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM

all of this false fortune telling in the church is just plan dumb. I love how you stated that most prophets brought warning or rebuke, not messages of blessings. When a person has a true encounter with a true prophet, it is life changing. They will tell you thus saith the lord and not look for your approval nor your confirmation. They say what they need to tell you and get out of dodge. I wish one would walk up on me and tell me my bank account number. I would probably be like then you know aint no money in it so lets take your share of the offering tonight and put some in my account. Jesus instructed them that followed him to not bring anything with them but our profits bring the Bentleys and BMWs and the fancy suits.
    Great post yet again. I cant wait to hear whats next.

• Jerry

September 15, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Good point Pastor DK, fortune telling is exactly want it is, according to
      ‘prophet’ Jordan God only reveals to him “whats in your wallet” isn’t this what
      Ms Cleo used to do..? God seems more concern about a persons salary than salvation, Hmmmmm..!!? that really tells me what this kid is about MAMMON! just like his daddy-!
      His calling is to separate you from your savings not SIN……!

Can anyone spell F-A-L-S-E P-R-O-P-H-E-T ???

September 16, 2011 at 7:52 AM

What can I say? You all pretty much covered it, LOL! I guess that what I am trying to convey here is that so many people are hungry and are seeking a “sign”, so what does satan do? He raises up HIS version of a prophet to rape and pillage the sheep; they have a form a godliness but really have no idea of the true power of God, they also have no fear of God. If I had sympathy for any of them it would be Manasseh, the son of “Master” Prophet (what is that anyway?) Bernard Jordan. This kid was doomed and groomed from birth for this mission and before he was barely a teen was auctioned off to the Highest Bidder Hinn, smh. Regardless, he has passed the age of accountability and should know better, yet continues with his direct heresies. He and Juanita practice witchcraft and divination, but have so many supporters that they feel validated in it, and I fear that they are now reprobate. Young Carn, I still have hope for, but he has been tainted by celebrity – again, too much too soon exploitation. God WILL humble these people.

Then the Lord said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart (Jer. 14:14).

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction (2 Pet. 2:1).

I can only pray that God’s people will wake up!

4. Catrice

January 28, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I know I’m going back down memory lane for you, but I’m new to your blog and playing catch-up. Hosea 4:12 | Hosea 5:4(pride). Have a nice weekend.

January 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Sis,

That’s quite alright with me! You’re always dropping some Godly wisdom and that is what it’s all about. Since you mentioned Hosea, let’s not forget Simon (Acts 8:9-11); some of these false prophets need to watch a real man of God working under His power alone and repent! Bless you Sis. Catrice and you have a nice weekend as well.

5. Noreen Harewood

January 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hi I’m just reading what you wrote for the first time and i totally agree with you. however I noticed the flyer with Chuck pierce and I was wondering if you have read any of his material.I am not blown about by every wind but I believe he is the real deal. he is a teacher of the word of God; He is not a prosperity preacher and his prophecies are accurate. I’ve never seen him prophesying houses and cars. I do see him however as a repairer of the breach.not everyone should be painted with the same brush and I do believe that some prophetic conferences are helpful to God’s people who are struggling. I have attended a few that were teaching moments. Blessings

January 23, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Good evening Sister,

What I do in this blogging ministry is to provide the information that God sets before me. I always pray before posting to be careful that it is not self or ego, but His words that comes across. With that said, everyone is encouraged to follow what he/she believes, always being careful to acknowledge God while doing so. I have followed a lot of “prophets” and I try to look deeper than the surface. With regard to Chuck Pierce I would only ask that you study biblical prophets and really look into Mr. Pierce’s prophetic ministry. Personally if a prophet has to sell God’s word or message, that is a message or word that I do not need. The salvation of Jesus and God’s divine word is all that I need. No judgement from me, always encouragement to seek Him ever the more. Proverbs 3:5-6.

Thank you for your comments, stay blessed,