Why are we silent and the devil so loud?

11 Jun

I recently watched a documentary on the evil behind rock music and I was astonished by what I discovered. Not being a consumer of rock, heavy metal, death metal, etc. just learning what some of these people do to attain the small amount of fame and fortune astounded me. Of course I know that Satan is the prince of the air(waves), and I know that he influences a lot of the music that we hear, but I was shocked that during this documentary that I literally had to plead the blood of Jesus over myself whilst listening to some of the lyrics! The artists featured like Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Joni Mitchell, Ozzy Osbourne, Prince, and the Beatles have all sold their souls to the devil for their piece of fame, but it is the lyrics to some of their songs that really tell the story. I will give one example, but do not feel the need to taint my blog with excessive content by these devils. Here is a sample of Jim Morrison/The Door`s “When the musics over”:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside

For the music is your special friend
Dance on fire as it intends
Music is your only friend
Until the end

I said WOW when I heard/saw that song. Believe me when I tell you that this song is one of the tamest that I heard. Artists literally recruiting for their master Satan through lyrics and music. You know I got righteously angry because I consider some of our current gospel songs, which really have transformed into inspirational or feel good songs. Example, Kirk Franklin`s, “I Smile”:

I smile, even though I hurt see I smile,
I know God is working so I smile,
Even though I’ve been here for a while
I smile, smile..
It’s so hard to look up when you look down.
Sure would hate to see you give up now.
You look so much better when you smile, so smile.

Huh? Where is the invitation to Jesus Christ, where is the testimony to His awesome saving power? Where does it talk about salvation? Morrison is telling people to come with him and his friends to the House of Detention, where is Kirk`s invitation to heaven through salvation? What are we, as supposed Christians, afraid of? Ok I don`t think you all believe me so here`s another example (and the last one, these songs make me physically ill), A/C D/C “Hells Bells”:

I’ll give you black sensations up and down your spine
If you’re into evil you’re a friend of mine
See my white light flashing as I split the night
‘Cause if Good’s on the left,
Then I’m stickin’ to the right

I won’t take no prisoners, won’t spare no lives
Nobody’s puttin’ up a fight
I got my bell, I’m gonna take you to hell
I’m gonna get ya, Satan get you

Hell’s Bells
Yeah, Hell’s Bells

Lord Jesus, what a recruitment tool the devil has! Crowds of teenagers lift their hands with satanic symbols and sing along whether in agreement or ignorance, it seems to work! Now let`s take a look at another popular gospel hit, “God Favors Me” by Pastor Hezekiah Walker:

Love is patient, caring. Love is Kind. Love is felt most when
it’s genuine, but I’ve had my share of love, abuse,manipulated
and it’s strength misued, and I can’t help but give you glory
when I think about my story, and I know you favored me
because my enemies did try but couldn’t triumph over me
Yes they did try but couldn’t triumph over me.

Hmm, nice. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I can even relate to it in a way, I been lied on, cheated, talked about, mistreated. I been used, I been scorned…you get it lol. This song does not invoke repentance, nor does it have the type of message that would entice non-believers to want to seek salvation! Again, why are we silent? Let me take it back, show what gospel music is all about and should be again:

What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Refrain

Oh! precious is the flow
That makes me white as snow;
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

For my pardon, this I see,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
For my cleansing this my plea,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

YES Lord! See, songs like these will make the devil tremble! He does not care if you sing “God favors me”, as long as you don`t get saved, but if you sing “Nothing but the blood…” a change is gonna come. We need to rail against this watered down gospel, both in the pulpit and in music. Don`t buy it, research the lyrics and not the “tight beat”. The beat is camouflage for nothing being behind it…no spirit of God! I am doing another purge of my iTunes and taking out this inspirational music, only Jesus can inspire me. I don`t need “you” to survive, I need HIM!

This may seem kind of harsh, but I promised God that with my voice and my keystrokes that I would tell His truth, and I will continue to do just that, and so should you; stop being silent, “cry loud and spare not, show the people their sins (Isa. 58:1)” – in Jesus` name.

Be blessed my friends!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

10 responses to “Why are we silent and the devil so loud?

1. brdavision

June 12, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Wow this was a wonderfully written and informative post. The contrast between satan’s followers and how they worship and give all credit to him and the supposed followers of Christ and their man centered “feel good” contemporary music is, for a lack of a better word, “Disgusting”. The trash that comes out of the mouths of people like Mary Mary, Kurt Franklin, Tye Tribbett, and other “seeker friendly” artist is a testament to what is driving them: MONEY!

Their record labels want records sold and tours sold out and a true gospel message of faith in Christ Alone and repentance is not appealing to sinners. That is who Kirk, tye, and mary are singing to not blood bought believers…..but unbelieving sinners

thanks for writing this….

2. iampastorswife

June 12, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Bro. Davison,

Thank you for the comment, and I definitely agree that the label is ultimately after money (for the love of is the root of all evil) and not kingdom building. Just a note, I was coming home a little while ago from the grocery store and although I do not listen to it much, today I turned on what is called “The Inspiration Station” (it used to be gospel) and the song “Fly Like A Bird” by Mariah Carey came on; now this was not the first time I`ve heard this song, but really it is the first time I listened. This is the chorus to this song:

“Fly like a bird
    Take to the sky
    I need you now Lord
    Carry me high
    Don’t let the world break me tonight
    I need the strength of you by my side
    Sometimes this life can be so cold
    I pray you’ll come and carry me home”.

Nice really. She mentions Lord and pray in the chorus. But…and there is always a but…on the same album she has Kanye West, Jermaine Dupri and the Neptunes (Pharrell) with writing and producing credits! On the same album she has a duet with Snoop Dogg called “Say Something”. On a subsequent CD she has a song called “Touch my body”! Why is this woman on a so-called gospel station? This is the type of deception that would lead a babe in Christ to destruction. Just think, “ohhh Mariah is played on this station so she MUST be ok!” Sigghhh! Many people may not know that Matthew Knowles (yep Beyonce`s daddy) has taken over World Gospel Music and wants to take the “Gospel” out and make it more inspirational. MORE?!? Micah Stampley is one of his first signed artists, sadly. Kirk Franklin said it best…”for those of you who think that gospel music has gone too far….”. Yeah Kirk, that`s me. You are way far gone. The devil is actively recruiting and the church is actively compromising. It is a sad reality.

3. Paul Wilson

June 12, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Such a very timely and well written blog! I am amazed how bold the enemy of our souls has become and we as Christians just sit around and dare not say anything. We are so afraid to call it as we see it or even call sin a sin we it is underneath our own roofs.
    Keep on posting ! I enjoy reading .

4. David Marshall

June 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM

So would you say that heavier genres are all Satanic and wrong, or just the bands that don’t give lyrics that are centered around the gospel? Because I know with my band, there is some heavier stuff going on (definitely heavier than any bands you mentioned) but these are the lyrics I have written for us:

All thoughts and notions, relinquished to the overseers,
    This world does not ask for intelligence
    Merely mindless sheep, following crooked shepherds
    Willing to lay their lives down for no one
    Soon every bridge will burn,
    Isolation inevitable.
    Self-induced misanthropy,
    These actions will bring you to your knees.

We see in a mirror lit dimly,
    A conscience seared with a callusing fire,
    Disconnected from emotional ties,
    Just a shell of what we once were.

But all hope is not lost,
    It only takes a single thought to make this right.
    Leaving behind a broken state of mind.

Untangle yourself from the snares of a world enveloped in darkness,
    Let the light consume your heart and soul, showing you freedom.

Embrace the natural separation,
    This is the day when you are no longer a slave to the reign of shadows,
    From the grave we’ve risen, a new life we’ve been given with no fear of tomorrow.
    There is strength, there is security in numbers, we are no longer alone.

Our pasts, crucified with the One who gave it all.
    We look to our future, knowing the world has been overcome.
    Although our flesh may fail us,
    We know where our fate stands.
    And through every persecution, struggle, and trial we may face,
    Our hope is anchored in the promise of saving grace.

Absolute control is what our minds long for,
    But our hearts have an agenda of their own.
    Without a standard to turn chaos into solace,
    We are left to the desires of the untamed.

And we are in a constant battle to cure the common cry,
    “Are we living in truth or becoming a lie?”
    God show me where I should place my trust in this world,
    Because without Your hand, I am hopeless.

—–

I’m not going to defend what I do, because if you don’t agree with it, I’m only going to be hearing the same stuff I’ve heard for years. However, I just thought I’d approach you without being harsh or judgmental. Saw someone link you on vigilantcitizen.com and followed it to here.

June 12, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Hi David and welcome!

I thank you for your post and your question. You asked me, “So would you say that heavier genres are all Satanic and wrong, or just the bands that don’t give lyrics that are centered around the gospel?” That question is a bit too broad; I certainly cannot judge all heavier genres without hearing what their message is or observing their lyrics. Additionally, I listed some lyrics that are not centered around the gospel and are more inspirational. You do have to realize that these are my personal views, and I am not demanding that anyone ascribe to them or agree with them. That is the ultimate beauty of a blog. :) As for your lyrics, you should not defend them or what you do, if you are a believer in Jesus Christ then His Word should convict you or persuade you. I certainly noted that the lyrics are ambiguous; the lyrics that I posted in my original post were not, they were an outright invitation to join satan`s camp! Matthew 6:24 states, “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other, or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon (KJV)”.

So again, is there an ambiguity to your lyrics? They kind of put me in mind of Sting`s lyrics or Bono`s who both have a level of spirituality, but they have proven that their heart is far from God. Please understand that I am not judging you, but you asked what I thought about your lyrics. Whether I agree or not, I do not want to be lumped into what you`ve been hearing for years. My personal belief is in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and I wish that everyone felt the same, but again God`s Word and not people are what will persuade you David.

I really appreciate your visit and your words and you are welcome to contribute at any time. I am nobody special, just…

A Pastor`s Wife. ;)

• David Marshall

June 12, 2011 at 6:45 PM

And I appreciate that response a lot. That’s all I wanted to see. :) It’s just discouraging to be doing what you feel God is leading you to do and to talk to kids about in this world, and having other believers tear you down. There’s so much division and hatred in the body, and it’s disappointing…

Thanks, and have a great Sunday. :)

5. brdavision

June 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM

David there is division and in the church because there are fakes in the church. Not everyone who claims the name of Christian believes that Jesus is Lord. Not everyone who totes around a bible believes the bible is God breathed and totally inerrant.

There will always be division in the church. But the true body of Christ is just as unified as ever.

Personally to me I think anything that doesn’t present the Gospel should refrain from attaching the gospel name to it. The Gospel according to the bible is the good news from God that man can now be redeemed by their faith in the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ! Their sin debt has now been paid for and we no longer are slaves to sin. This is the gospel!

Without that message its not good news but just the wisdom of men….

Let the Gospel be the Gospel and everything else, everything else

June 13, 2011 at 4:45 PM

“Personally to me I think anything that doesn’t present the Gospel should refrain from attaching the gospel name to it.”

This would apply to me as well. I get very frustrated when I hear something introduced as gospel and the song is just as worldly and has nothing to do with the gospel of Christ. A good example of this would be the song by Canton Jones called, “I see a window over your head”, or something like that. This song could be played in a secular nightclub, talking about a blessing busting you in the back of your head – what? The gospel is not violent and surely God`s blessings aren`t either. Really Canton?

As for the church it has become as farcical as the gospel music industry has; the scripture says that “the true worshiper will worship in spirit and in truth”, and how often do we see that in music?

Paul told the church in Rome, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Rom. 1:16)*, and we have to remember that before his conversion he was a murderer of Christians. If Paul is not ashamed of the gospel, and can tell his testimony, then those who profess Christ, and so-called sing about it should not be ashamed either. Yet we know that the power some seek is in money and fame and not the power of God unto salvation.

Thank you again Brother Davision for the clarity in your posts. Your blog is awesome, one day I will get the nerve to respond lol.

• brdavision

June 16, 2011 at 2:03 PM

You’re absolutely right Sister Pastor’s wife! I used to listen to Canton Jones frequently until I found out he was a product of Creflo Dollar Ministries. If you listen critically you can actually hear Cashflo’s erroneous theology in Canton lyrics.

Dollar has told his congregation that they little gods and on the same wavelength as Christ. He tells them that they could have died on the cross just like Jesus.

Sure enough Canton has a song where he declares himself to be a god with a little “g” smh.

This passage of scripture accurately portrays the current church and “gospel” music industry:

“Teach and urge these things. If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.” 1 Timothy 6:2-10

Many who read the “money is the root of all evil” scripture take it out of context. Paul was talking about false teachers who compromise the message for the love of money. If you love money you will commit all kinds of evils even twisting the word of God. Paul admonished us to be content with what God allows us to have in life. False teachers cannot be content so they distort God’s word for money.

Me and my wife were listening to Creflo butcher God’s word the other day and she couldn’t believe her ears. I could because I know just what kind of liar he is. That’s why sites like this are so needed these days. The pulpit of most churches have lost the title of sacred desk and become platforms of conformity to this world. What a shame! Some pulpits should just remain silent….

Keep Speaking the truth!

P.S. Don’t be scared to comment at touchyaneighbor I won’t bite lol